Happy Thursday peeps!
I LOVE GINGERBREAD! They are my favourite Christmas cookies. Everytime I bake them it just makes the whole house smell incredibly festive and delicious. Yum Yum!
To me, the perfect gingerbread has to have a golden colour, a slight crunch outside and a soft chewy inside. Sometimes it’s so hard to find a perfect recipe to make a 5 star gingerbread but I think I found the right one.
The dough is so firm and nice to work with and the smell of it is so delightful smelling that it will get you in the festive spirit in no time.
Here I will share with you the recipe.
Enjoy it and let me know what you think!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 165°C (325°F).
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Heat butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved then leave to cool.
- Mix the wet into the dry ingredients and make a dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into gingerbread men with your favourite cutters.
- Place on trays allowing space to spread.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to stand until the cookies are firm enough to move to a wire rack.
- After cookies are cool you may decorate them any way you like.