Today I want to share something very easy to make and something that I use daily on eggs, salads, chicken etc.
The rosemary salt is a great staple to keep in the pantry and can make just about any dish just that little bit more interesting.
Rosemary smells fresh, woodsy and Mediterranean and it’s one of my favourite herbs.
It takes me back to my Italian childhood where I grew up in the countryside, where there was always lots of wild rosemary growing.
These simple ingredients will make your dishes taste better and you will find yourself actually using less salt than usual – another bonus!
- 1 box kosher salt (500g)
- 3-4 bunches fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 100º C / 210º F.
- Cut finely the rosemary with a mezzaluna (or in a blender).
- Mix rosemary and salt all together and spread the mix on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes (until the rosemary is dry).
- Leave the mix to cool down and put it in an airtight container. The longer you leave the mix in a sealed jar, the more potent the aroma.