Happy Tuesday boys and girls,
Recently it was my vegan friends birthday, so I decided to make them this delicious creamy cake which I found on My New Roots Blog.
This is the perfect “wow” to end a rich birthday meal, as well as being so yummy and it’s also guilt-free.
For this mousse cake I used all natural and organic ingredients, free from refined sugars, gluten and dairy. I used raspberries because they are super healthy, very tasty and high in antioxidants!
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup soft Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen
- Add all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor and blend until you get a sticky paste.
- Place the paste in a cake tin and press it on the bottom of it.
- Place the cake tin with the base in the freezer to set for at least 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend all the ingredients for the filling (except for the raspberries) in a blender until you get a creamy white paste.
- Pour half of the white cream paste onto the base and return to the freezer to set for 20-30 minutes. Take a spoonful of the remaining white cream and place aside to decorate the cake later.
- Add the frozen raspberries in the white cream left and blend again for a few minutes.
- Pour the pink cream on top of the white cream and add some whole raspberries on top of it to decorate it.
- Make the hearts by making a few dollops with the white cream and run a toothpick through the centre of each dollop and return the cake to the freezer.
- Let the cake set for 1 hour and serve it.