Ciao my friends,
Today I would like to offer you a slice of vegan plum tart. It’s super easy to make, it took me 10 minutes to mix all the ingredients and the final result was delicious.
I used banana flour and wholemeal flour to make the crust/base and I replaced the lard (from original recipe) with delicious extra virgin coconut oil.
I use this last ingredient very often, It’s so rich in nutrients and I can’t stop using it.
The contrast between the crunchy and sweet crust with the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness of the plums, it will make this cake your new sweet addiction.
Enjoy the recipe.
- ½ cup banana flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (you may have to add an extra ½ cup depending from the flour)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or ¼ cup honey)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4-5 black plums
- 1 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp of almond meal (Optional)
- Heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Mix all flours, vinegar, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt and almond milk all together and make a nice soft dough.
- Wrap the dough with cling wrap and put the mix in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the plums very thinly and put them aside.
- Roll the dough very thinly and spread the jam in the middle and place the slices of plum on top (make sure to have enough edge to cover 1/3 of the plum circle).
- Fold the excess edge on top of the plum.
- Sprinkle the almond meal on top of the plums (Optional).
- Place the cake on a baking dish and bake it in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until it gets nice and golden.
- Leave it rest for 15-20 min before serving it