Happy Valentines Day people,
Today is the perfect day to spoil your sweetheart.
I surprised my partner with this homemade heart tortellini, packed with a delicious creamy chicken filling. I coloured mine with beetroot juice to theme it with Valentines Day, however I’ve left this out of the recipe below since this was an exception!
Here is the recipe for you.
I hope you enjoy it
- 2 eggs
- 250 g flour (00 type)
- 2-3 Tbsp beetroot juice
- 1 cup fresh ricotta (drained)
- 3-4 garlic coves
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmiggiano Reggiano or Grana Padano
- 1 cup chicken breast (chopped finely)
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of grated pepper
- pinch of grated sage
- 1 egg
- Put the flour on a board and create a well in the centre. Put the eggs and the beetroot juice in the well and mix them with the flour.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes and once the mix is nice and soft wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the filling for the ravioli
- Fry the garlic in the oil and when it’s golden, cook the chicken breast finely chopped with salt, nutmeg, sage and pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked, use a food processer to blend the chicken with the ricotta, Parmiggiano Reggiano and the egg and let the mix cool down.
- Once you made the filling you can play with the dough.
- I usually roll the dough using a pasta roller machine, the dough should be about 1/8-inch thick.
- Place the pasta sheet on a dusted board and drop 1 tablespoon of the filling (2-3 inches apart on the next filling)
- Put the second sheet of pasta on top of the first one with the fillings and using a ravioli cutter (heart shape in this case) to get your ravioli.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and let it boil.
- When the water is boiling put the ravioli in it and cook them for 5-7 minutes.
- Then drain them and serve them with your favourite sauce.