Happy early-Easter people!
I’ve spent the weekend eating way too many Easter eggs and hot cross buns. I needed a way to keep eating Easter treats but feel better about them, so I came up with this absolutely DELISH easter-inspired protein ball recipe!
These babies pack all the spicy goodness of a traditional hot-cross bun into a protein-packed hit of guilt-free deliciousness!
These will definitely get you in the Easter mood and you can treat yourself to a few of these without the easter-egg guilt! Give them a go!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins (to blend)
- 1/3 cup raisins (decoration)
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Water, as needed
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until you get a fine sticky paste.
- Add 1/3 cup of whole raisins for decoration to the sticky paste, and mix with your hands very well.
- Form into palm-sized balls.
- To make the frosting: blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding water as needed to get the desired consistency. Drizzle on crosses on the raw buns.